Should landlords use letting agents or try it on their own? – MessHall


Investing in rental properties is considered as one of the most lucrative businesses all over the world. Besides yielding a guaranteed income, rental properties carry little or no risk. Once a landlord considers this as his primary income source, he must also decide on whether he should work with a letting agent or not. Whether or not to hire a letting agent actually depends on your circumstances, the length of time you can spend, and the extent of knowledge you acquire in this field. If you’re involved in another profession, then you must all factors that make it seem more beneficial to work hand-in-hand with a letting agent.  It will even help you get rid of your regular concerns and steer clear of risks.

Advantages of hiring letting agents are stated below:

  • An agent carries out all legal functions and handles necessary paperwork
  • Letting agents have all legal updates in their fingertips
  • Letting agencies help resolve all property related issues in quick time
  • A letting agent helps ensure smooth communication
  • All maintenance stuff will be handled by the letting agent
  • An agent will keep an eye on your property and its demand in the market
  • The rent payment procedure gets simplified much to your peace and it even saves time
  • The most appropriate tents can reach you via a letting agent
  • An agent helps in creating an attractive advertisement

Working with letting agents in Chalfont St Giles all the year round will add more to your savings. Hiring a letting agent could help you save above £159 on a monthly basis.  However, it will help if you do a small research on the challenges faced by these agents and their effectiveness in dealing with adverse conditions. The local knowledge of an agent also needs to be taken into account while determining his capabilities.

Few industry surveys covering views of over 500 landlords each have revealed confusions among landlords pertaining to money value delivered by letting agents. A little over 30% of those surveyed are of the opinion that renting out privately seems a better option to them. Again, about 40% of the participants regarded cost as a game spoiler. So, you easily see how the remaining 60% of those questioned are always in favor of hiring a letting agent.

Now you come to the second part of your quest regarding whether a landlord should hire a letting agent or try the letting business on his own. With self-help, a landlord will certainly need to concentrate more on this work. Perhaps, he’ll need to lay his entire focus on this business. Again, they have to get the latest legislation at their finger tips. A landlord will need to get his property reviewed on a regular basis. He’ll need to ensure that he has met all of his utility bills and other financial obligations. He’ll need to deal with potential challenges and disputes that the letting agents Chalfont St Giles experience every day. By considering the facts mentioned above, you’ll find an easy answer to whether or not a landlord should hire a letting agent. When it comes to letting properties under residential or commercial categories, a letting agent will certainly keep you less worried under all circumstances.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *