So, there’s your beautiful and much beloved carpet, out there for the world to see, and adore, and wonder at your fine taste in floor covering, when all of a sudden there’s an accident and the whole carpet now looks like it’s from a horror film. That or perhaps there’s been a stain there bothering you for some time, and it’s now high time to have a go and clean it up.
What to Do?
Well, let’s face it, it is bound to happen to all of us carpet users at one time or another. You can take every precaution you can think of to protect your carpet in the hope that no accidents or carpet stains will ever happen and ruin its beautiful appearance. What to do but panic and quickly find the nearest available cloth to remove the carpet stain?
But wait! Stop and take a moment before you treat the stain! There are many ways to remove carpet stains, but as with many other things, it will be to your advantage to be educated and have some knowledge on how to do things right. If you’re uncertain on what to do, you may just want to call in the seasoned professionals in carpet cleaning in Perth which will save you time and guarantees getting the job done perfectly.
To remove a stain, take a clean cloth and try blotting the spot, working from the outside in, rinse thoroughly with clean water, then start blotting again. Don’t try scrubbing the carpet, or you will risk ruining the carpet fibres or letting the spill soak through to the carpet pad.
The Harder They Come
Should the stain be harder to clean, you will have to use different methods of cleaning.
- For example Water-Soluble Stains such as ice-cream, milk and mud, will have to be tackled using a cleaning solution made up of non-bleach detergent mixed with water.
- For special water-soluble stains such as blood, coffee and wine, try using 1 tablespoon of ammonia mixed with 1 cup of water (but not on wool or wool-blend carpet; instead use mild detergent and water).
- For fat, oil, and wax, place a paper towel over the affected carpet area and iron on warm setting. The wax, fat, or oil should be absorbed into the paper and come off of the carpet.
- Cigarette Burns can be removed by gently rubbing the pile with the edge of a hard and flat surface, such as a dull knife.
- For glue, try moistening a cotton ball or soft cloth with rubbing alcohol and press it on the affected area. Once the glue residue is completely moistened, gently wipe it off and repeat until the carpet is clean. If you are in need of professional, and experienced carpet cleaners in Perth, W. Australia, check out Boas Cleaning Services for the best outfit out there, bar none..
- For wax and gum use some ice to freeze the wax or gum, then hit it with a blunt object, such as a spoon. Vacuum quickly before the pieces get soft, and then blot the carpet with a clean towel.
Happy cleaning and may all your carpets stay clean! If not, you know what to do!