If you experience frequent power cuts, it is important that you have systems in place to protect yourself from that. One way to achieve that is by investing in a natural gas generator, as these are clean and efficient and particularly suitable for domestic use. They are fantastic appliances that will make sure you don’t find yourself left in the dark every time your power goes out.
It is said that natural gas powered generators are the perfect standby generators and this is confirmed by the fact that they are used by domestic and business users alike. In businesses, they ensure that downtime is kept down to a minimum, which is very important. Natural gas generators do not require you to store fuel, as you connect them to the gas supply instead. Or, you can get a portable with storage tanks, which is perfect for camping or other situations in which you are away from any electricity.
Models and Sizes
There are a lot of different sizes and models of generators available and these all have different capacities. You need to think about how you intend to use the generator in order to find one that best suits you. The higher the capacity of the generator, the more it will be able to power up, but the more gas it will use as well. Do you really need to power your entire home during an outage, or are a few essential appliances and some lights enough, in other words?
The larger generators tend to be mounted on a base and are fully stationary. Smaller models are portable and often have wheels. This makes it very easy to move them around. The wheels come with locks so that there is no danger of the device moving about when in use.
It is quite easy to attach your domestic generator to the natural gas, which will then be the power source. However, as gas is involved, you should ask a licensed plumber to do the work for you. They can also install larger ones, always making sure that the chance of accidents and leakages is kept to a minimum.
A Few Benefits
- Natural gas generators are very quiet and will not cause any noise pollution.
- They come in both manual and automatic models.
- They won’t gum up.
- They offer very easy and cheap maintenance, particularly when compared to gasoline generators.
- The burn is clean, which means it is more environmentally friendly.
- It can provide you with power when the electricity network goes down.
- You don’t have to refuel it, as it hooks to the gas network.
- It can easily start, even if the weather is cold.
- It is cheap and easy to install it.
- There is no danger of wet stacking, which is something that does occasionally happen with diesel generators.
- The energy life is very long because of the clean burn.
There are quite a few available, so you can rent one as and when needed instead of having to buy one as well.